DATE Saturday 19th August 2017
RACE START 2:00pm
Please be advised that this is an arduous event and requires a good level of fitness. Temperatures may be as high as 30 degrees on the day so please consider your hydration requirement. Please consider your own health in the lead up to the race. If you are unwell or have been unwell in the 2 weeks prior to the race then consider the consequences of running on the day.
REGISTRATION AND ENTRY FEES -
All Categories (16+ yrs)
EARLY BIRD: April and May $100.00
STANDARD: June and July $110.00
LATE FEE: August $120.00
ROAD CLOSURES – The streets around the park will be closed from 6am – 9pm.
CHECK IN – Please report to the runner’s registration tent in Norman Park between 12 noon and 1:40 pm. You will be marked on your arm with your race number and receive a numbered singlet.
RUNNERS BRIEFING – Outside the runners registration tent at 1:45pm,
- Please obey all marshals. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- There is to be NO outside assistance. Pacing by outside persons is prohibited. This includes a non-entrant joining the race, or a person shouting instructions from a bicycle. Anyone caught receiving outside assistance will be disqualified.
- Personal music devises are NOT permitted to be used due to safety issues.
- A Hydration backpack is COMPULSORY/MANDATORY. You must be self- sufficient with water. You start with it and finish with it. Water will be supplied only in emergency situations.
- Runners MUST be at the ½ way mark up the Pyramid within an hour of leaving Norman Park (3pm). If you are not, you will be asked to return to the Park.
- Runners who do not complete the full course should NOT pass through the finish line. Please present yourself to SES to be marked off as as returned DNF (Did Not Finish).
- Down hill runners have RIGHT OF WAY
- Stay on the track at all times. No short cuts as this results in disqualification
- Race singlet MUST be worn at all times. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Runners will be checked off by the SES at checkpoints at the base, halfway point, summit and finish line.
- Any protests must be lodged within 15 minutes of your return. The Committee will hear these and their decision will be final.
- Anyone caught running on the highway will be disqualified. This is not allowed under our permit.
The race route is as follows -
- Start behind the banner on Norman St.
- Complete one lap of Norman Park (anti-clockwise)
- When leaving the park after completing a loop, run on the left hand side of Mill Road. Keep the witches hats to your right.
- Run down and through the Green Patch
- Run on the right hand side over the old bridge right of witches hats
- Run under the highway at the first set of tunnels
- Run on the cane headland to Moss Road
- Proceed along Moss Road to the Pyramid car park
- At each SES check point (base, half way and summit) – shout your number
- Follow the reverse route back to the finish.
1st – $1000
2nd – $500
3rd – $250
First in each Age Category (Junior, Open, Veteran, Masters, Senior) Male/Female: $100.
All finishers receive a medal and participation certificate. Certificates will be available from the information tent (beside the main stage) after the Race Presentations.
Race presentation is programmed for 5:30pm. (subject to change)
Click here for REGISTRATION FORM